Thursday, January 21, 2010

Adventures in Killing (ants)



I bought this product today. It's a small bottle of clear liquid that one uses to kill ants by putting a few drops on pieces of card board around ant territories. It can take two weeks to kill off the population. Ant genocide. 

Here's the weird part- The packaging says the pesticide is good for these types of ants:

Argentine ants

Ghost ants

Cornfield ants

Pavement ants

Acrobat ants

White footed ants. 

Little black ants

Odorous house ants

Crazy ants

Big headed ants

and "other sweet eating ants"


I read read this and thought, "Um, huh?" Are these real ants? Those names sound completely made up!"

I did some research, and yes they are real, and some of the most unofficial sounding names-ever-I might say!

Comments, thoughts? What ant would you add?

3 comments:

অন্বেষণ》 সত্য, সাহসিকত ও আপোষহীন প্রচার মাধ্যম said...

http://kazisafi85.blogspot.com/2015/11/blog-post_9.html?m=1

H's Mind said...

Timely advice. My place is being invaded currently. A garden is just outside my apt. door. I may try this chemical warfare.

Yang Kuo said...

Timely advice. My place is being invaded currently. A garden is just outside my apt. door. I may try this chemical warfare.


แคมฟรอก