I have been concentrating on my other blog, and this is why posts here have been sparse.
I'm going ON TOUR!
Well, that is to say, I'm scheduling lessons for medium and small groups, to guide them in Lectio Divina, the ancient Christian spiritual Practice of Prayer and Meditation using Scriptures. It is worshipful, prayerful, and devotional.
"Lectio Divina" literally means, "Sacred reading." It's not woo woo, so don't get thrown off by the unfamiliar title. (Lectio is pronounced: LEX-ee-oh)
Just today my oh-so-glossy Lectio Divina guide came from the printer. I love that freshly printed smell.
If you have any comments, questions about me, or what I'm doing, click on my blog link, and contact me.
I bought this product today. It's a small bottle of clear liquid that one uses to kill ants by putting a few drops on pieces of card board around ant territories. It can take two weeks to kill off the population. Ant genocide.
Here's the weird part- The packaging says the pesticide is good for these types of ants:
White footed ants.
Little black ants
Odorous house ants
Big headed ants
and "other sweet eating ants"
I read read this and thought, "Um, huh?" Are these real ants? Those names sound completely made up!"
I did some research, and yes they are real, and some of the most unofficial sounding names-ever-I might say!
If you are Mariah Carey, or you ever have to accept an award soon, follow these few tips to avoid making a goofy fool out of yourself.
1. Stop drinking excessively a few hours before receiving your award, swinging around in someone's arms, or moving too much in tight clothing. Better yet, hold off on the booze.
2. Drug use has an unpredictable effect. Your normal level of LOOPY will only be amplified, so "Just Say No."
3. Sudden clapping, especially when you aren't so sure why you are doing it, is not advisable. It screams, "space cowboy."
4. Having a nanny, or au par may be a wise choice for your evening, especially if public drunkenness has been a reoccurring issue. Yes, Lindsay Lohan, this means you, too.
5. The more you talk, the more you'll slur. It's just a simple fact.
6. If you have to admit, or want to admit, to the audience that you're trashed, your planning for your evening has gone ghastly wrong. In this case, admitting is not the first step. The first step is asking your escort to accept your award on your behalf, or turning the limo around, or going straight to the after party, where you'll likely wake up near the toilet in about 7 hours anyway.
7. Short award speeches are best. Ge grateful, be humble, and don't ramble-EVER-especially if you're smashed out of your mind.
Nathan won't be swayed about Santa's existence, despite our admissions, and his sister's emphatic declaration of the facts. Inspired by the letter writing of the Peanuts characters, he decided to write Santa a note to be found on Christmas Eve, next to cookies.
If you have a blog, you need reader traffic, and a fan base.
If you have a book, you need to spread the word to readers.
If you have a product or service, you need exposure.
The following link is some of the best information out there in one compact spot, that I've ever heard; and I want to share it with you.
Self-promo guru, testing and web marketing innovator, Tim Ferriss, shares his amazing advice , in his presentation to Le Web in Paris. He explains how your book, blogging, idea, or products can be easily marketed on the web to a global sensation-for free or cheap.